Lessons are tailored to each individual student based on their level, their musical interests, and their goals. I offer the following options:
Private lessons (including theory):
- 60-minute private lesson: $60
- 45-minute private lesson: $50.
- A limited number of scholarships for study are available. Please see the Scholarships page for details.
- A good option for beginners or those on a budget. Students work together in these hour-long sessions to achieve common musical and technical goals. Group lessons require a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of four (4) participants, and are instrument-specific (i.e., trumpets and trombones aren’t mixed). Registration is dependent on sufficient enrolment and successful scheduling.
- Cost: $20 per student.
Performing chamber ensembles:
- Island Brass Junior (school grades 7-9 or equivalent).
- Island Brass Senior (grades 10-12).
- In these hour-long rehearsals, which I coach or conduct, students prepare brass ensemble repertoire to perform in studio recitals throughout the year. Depending on enrolment, the ensembles may be large or small (e.g., trombone quartet, brass quintet, etc.). Individuals or pre-formed ensembles may register. This program runs from September to June.
- Cost: $10 per student per week.
- I also offer theory lessons for students of any instrument taking RCM exams, or for those interested in applying for university/college admission. Please ask for details.
For all of the options above, a 10% family discount is available for those with more than one child enrolled.